Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: Concerened i was given the wrong medication for my Child

john48209 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:24 am

My son is 15 Months old and diagnosed with Ashgma i was given ( Pulmicort, Aubertal,Loratidine)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:34 am

User avatar Pulmicort is an inhaled steroid that is used to help control inflammation and irritation in the lungs to help prevent asthma exacerbations.

Albuterol is a beta agonist medicine that helps open the airways. This is a rapid acting "rescue" medicine that is used during an asthma attack to help open the lungs back up.

Loratidine is an anti-histamine that is used to help control allergy symptoms. Allergies can sometimes trigger asthma exacerbations.

All these medicines are commonly used for asthma.