Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Son Bitten by something??

 mama2js - Sun May 06, 2007 7:59 pm

My 14 year old son spent the night at a friends house. He came home with his his hand about twice its normal size. He says he doesn't know what bit him. He has a small 'hole' just above his middle finger knuckle and it is red around that. There is a small amout of yellowish puss coming out of it. What should I do???
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 06, 2007 8:00 pm

User avatar Your son should be evaluated, either by his doctor or in the urgent care. He may have a skin infection that will need antibiotics to clear up.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us