Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: [b]I have a swore throath and my neck hurts[/b]

Nickytanus - Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:09 am

I am 18 years old. Since like 4 days ago I have had a swore throath and my neck hurts when I turn it to each side and when I tilt it back. I have put bengay on it and nothing helps. Also I am taking antibiotics for my throath but it's the same aswell. There is this weird taste to. I don't think it's normal to have a swore throath so long and I was thinking of going to the hospital. But before I wanted to see I someone can tell me what I might have.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:46 pm

User avatar There are several possiblities. Most likely, you have a viral infection of the throat.

Other possibilities include a bacterial throat infection or abscess. Meningitis is also possible with neck pain (more likely to be viral since bacterial meningitis generally makes people very sick).

I agree that you should see your doctor since your symptoms are not getting better.

Best wishes.
 Nickytanus - Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:22 am

Actually my throath pain went away, and my neck feels much better. :D:D:D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us