Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 4 year old thigh pain

apav5 - Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:20 pm

My son who is four years old is have alot of pain in this left thigh he is limping and crying saying it hurts and it happend a couple of days ago went away for a little while and came back this morning and is lasting all day long?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:26 pm

User avatar Hi Apav5,

I would recommend you have your son see his doctor. It may simply be some trauma to the thigh muscle; however, often thigh pain is actually referred pain from the hip.

There are some things that can cause hip pain in his age that are important to evaluate for including legg-calve-perthes disease, infections and simple trauma.

Some of these need treatment so an evaluation is important.