Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: Ankle Sprain, after 4 months hasn't healed

Ziam - Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:10 am

Hello, 4months ago i sprained my ankle playing basketball, for the 2-3 days after the injury i had pain whilst walking, after that the pain subsided, but i still had little pain when i apply tiny pressure to the injury position (angle) of my ankle, this has stayed the same for 4 months now, and im just curious if its still in the process of healing or has it incompletely healed?

Thanks for your time
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:16 am

Sprains can take several weeks to heal and are easily re-injured if you are not very careful. In some cases a sprain is actually a simple fracture that was not detected when it occurred so ongoing pain in spite of rest should be checked out.