Question: four year old with headache

angie123 - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:34 pm

My four-year-old son has been complaining of a headache and mouth pain, particularily in the back of his mouth all week. He has also had fevers several nights this week. The headache comes and goes throughout the day. Should I be concerned?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm

User avatar Hello
Since headache is not common with children, as it can be with adults, it is important to have the child examined. Fever is a clue that something is going on. You may find it is just a form of viral infection that will get well soon, but it's important to be sure.