Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 13 yr old having HUGE pains in abdominal.

stealth376 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 pm

I don't know if this is just a stomach virus or if its something serious. Since Martin Luther King Day my stomach has felt a little off, and ive had diareeah. Then on Saturday 24 i realized i had staph. Correct me if im wrong but i belive MERSA is the bad form of staph (which i don't have) i just have the red pimple like bumps. I got anti biotics and since then my stomach has been hurting so much it takes me hours to go to sleep. Also whenever i eat i vomit, i lost 5-7 pounds in 2 days. It is mainly my Middle abdominals but the sides hurt somtimes too. The pains come and go. Ive barley had anything to eat, but im eating as much as i can. What is it? Is it serious? What should i do about it? Thanks guys
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 pm

User avatar Hello Stealth376,

There are many possibilities for your symptoms ranging from a viral stomach infection to inflammation of the stomach to side effects from your antibiotic to less common things. Given the length of your symptoms, I would strongly recommend you see your doctor for a full evaluation and treatment recommendations.

While some of these things may get better on their own, some require other treatments. This is why I would recommend you be evaluated.