Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 5 yr old with Pauci Jeuvanile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA)

JynMeyer - Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:51 am

My daughter has JRA and broke her upper right femur (spiral) September 4th, 2004. We couldnt figure out how she managed it, since it was such a small and slow fall off a swing into peat and leaves (no rocks) but we are figuring maybe her cortizone injections from 2001 might play a part?

She is due to have her 2nd round of cortizone injections into her knees on the 2nd of february, 2005 now that her leg is looking like its healing well- but I'm wondering if this will make her more suceptable to future breaks or weakening of the bones?

Her Ped Rheum. is also wanting her to start Embrel again ASAP, although we are unsure whether or not we can afford it, how might that affect the surgury if she starts that now (today is Jan 15, 2005).
thank you for any help or resources!
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:07 am

Dearest Jyn,
Of course, you would need a specialist to answer your questions, so allow me to suggest you try the following link] out, it may help.
arthritis.org/conditions/DiseaseCenter/jra.asp" class="postlink">Click here!
 JynMeyer - Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:10 pm

Thank you. :-)

Ive been on that site for years. :-) I appreciate the help.

-Jyn

Dr. Heba Ismail, M.D. wrote:Dearest Jyn,