Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Deformed chest

 hamptonpage - Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:42 pm

My chest is abnormal . Shaped like small women's breast. Feels like fat tissue behind nipple. kind of tender to touch. I am 165 lbs 72" and 24yo. I kave had this since 13 yo. I have never been overweight . I work out daily in healthy condition no sicknesses. What could cause this? What actions should I take?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:23 pm

Dear hamptonpage,
From your description, it seems you have a condition called "physiologic or idiopathic gynecomastia", which is the abnormal enlargement of the male breasts. It appears around the onset of puberty, usually disappears spontaneously, but may persist if larger than 4 cm in diameter. If you find it annoying, plastic surgery can be considered, provided your doctor has ruled out any underlying cause.
 Ice_reaver545 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:32 pm

Im new to this but this subject is about deformed chests my chest is abnormal it has one side perfect then the other side looks like my bottom part of my rib cage is dented in then chest part is like sticking out i don't know what to do

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us