Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: swelling on Different parts of Body

 shoebwk - Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:38 am

I have 7 yr. old male child. since last 2 yrs he gets swelling in most parts of his body and this swelling remains for 1 -2 days and then disappears. this happens atleast once or twice in 3 months. his ear, penis, fingers become thick and bigger in size. Last time 2 months back it happend, his leg also got effected due to which he was strugling to walk. I showed to doctors they doubt about some allergy in food. I have his blood & urine report.

If you can assist me for any type of doctor and what type of sweling it is, then it will be helpful for me to go to the right doctor

FYI i live in bombay, india
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:28 pm

Dear shoebwk,
I'd like to know whether the joints also get swollen, if there is any skin discolouration or erythema, or associated fever?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us