Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: bump in earlobe....

jovan - Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:22 pm

I have a hard bump in my right ear lobe. I can squeeze it and it feels kind of like a soft rock. What is it?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:44 am

Dear jovan,
Is this something recent or could it have been there before and you hadn't noticed it earlier? Also, what size is it? Is it tender? Are there any enlarged lymph nodes in the same area?
 jovan - Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:17 pm

It is something that has been there for a long time, but I have just thought it was nothing. It's like the size of a very small pebble; it's something very small but its kind of hard. I really don't know what a lymph node is. This is inside of my right earlobe. Thanks for the reply

Jovan
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:35 am

Dear Jovan,
It's probably nothing, just some overgrown cartilage or something.
However, it would always be wise to have someone look at it, prefrably an ENT specialist.
 jovan - Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:08 pm

Thanks doctor for taking time out to answer this question for me.
God bless you,
jovan
 JessicaCarol - Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:38 am

okay, so my bump isn't on my earlobe but this is the closest post that i could find.
I have a bump inside one of the crevices on my ear. The bump has been there for about three weeks and i figured it would just go away but it hasn't yet. The pain is getting worse. At first, it was just the bump that hurt but now my entire ear hurts. Is this something i should have checked out or will it eventually just go away?
thanks in advance.