Question: Will too much Vick's Vapor Solution harm my 1 year old

shorty2232 - Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:51 am

I only put about 1 and a half tablespoons of solution in the water. It is a small/medium Vicks hot steamer. I just want to know if too much solution will harm her, because it's strong. And if it wont can i leave it on all night for her?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:39 pm

This should not be harmful but the main benefit here is the humidity. A cool air humidifier works as well if not better and is safer in a toddler's room since no hot water is involved. But, leaving it on all night is fine.