Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: Frequent Nose Bleeds

dmvirago - Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:00 pm

My teenage son gets nose bleeds 5-8 x day. He had his nose cauderized 5 days ago and it seems to be worse. He has been tested for a bleeding disorder, that was negative. Any suggestions? He does have several allergies to dust, pollen, feathers, and food allergies.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:12 am

Dear dmvirago,
You can try to humidify the air with a cool mist vaporizer in the bedroom, if possible. Nasal saline sprays are also helpful.
Repeated trauma to those already traumatized bleeding vessels by irritation resulting from a cold or exposure to any of the allergens you've mentioned, can make things worse, so it's best to avoid these factors.
If nothing works, and things are just as bad, go back to your doctor, and let him/her try to find out what went wrong.
 j3ss1ca - Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:11 pm

can some tell me what my systoms are decribing sour on the right side of my face around my eye my nose verry tender and nose bleeds like crazy the stop maybe for 30 min and then go again i also had a bab migrain with this and today a huge blood clot the size of a inch came out of my right nostril followed by little clots and my sinuse are draining and i have a humidfier running 24/7 and blood only comes out right nostril and still drains in throat to is this really seriouse
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:55 am

Dear j3ss1ca,
Kindly check with an ENT doctor as this may be a polyp that should be removed or cauterized.
 dollyjane - Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:19 am

Hi. I'm worried about my 15 year old younger sister. She has been getting nose bleeds alot lately. They don't lasy very long but it bleeds alot lately and she has been acting really tired. She had brain surgry a few years ago. I wondering if this is just a stage or is it something more serious than that?