Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: puzzled...

mommy4 - Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:25 pm

My 5 year old daughter has been suffering from stomach pain--the type that causes her to collapse to the floor in pain for almost a year now. The severe pain goes away after a few minutes..but lingers as mild-moderate pain on and off throughout the day. My ped. prescribed zantac. I am not convinced.
Her symptoms now have changed a bit. they are tenderness in upper right abdomen, itchy torso, light prown spots on arms, stomach, and back. I also notice that her stools are very sticky--like they stick to the toilet bowl and do not slide down the drain---this happens in all toilets, not just ours. This does not seem normal, especially since I have seen these brown spots.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:13 pm

Dear mommy4,
I agree this is not normal! Has your pediatrician seen her since the appearance of the spots and itchiness? If not, please reconsult him/her, and ask for liver function tests.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us