Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 15 years old-single red bump on penis head-no sexual conta

psharp94 - Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:39 am

I am a 15 year old male. Recenty, a bump had appeared on my penis head. It appeared overnight, it is painless, the coloration is pink/red. The size of the bump was about that of the end of a Q-tip, but has gotten just a bit smaller over the course of roughly a week. It is not puss filled and will not pop. It does not itch, sting or burn. I have also had no sexual contact, so I suppose any sort of STDs can be ruled out.

I appreciate any help!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 am

User avatar Hello,With your history there is virtually no chance of an STD though in the rarest cases fomites like toilet items could transmit, but as I told you is exteremely uncommon.
The clinical diagnosis here would be a bacterial infection like a small furuncle which is settling down.
Antibiotic cremes like mupurocin applied externally help in resolution.
Do consult you doctor and he would help you to get fine.Best wishes.