Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: I want to get taller. Should i use Human Growth Hormone? HGH

Connor K - Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I am a 15 year old male and i am roughly 5'3'' and i want to get taller. I've been told that HGH ( Human Growth Hormone ) can help me out, is this true?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
This hormone is only indicated in people with growth problems and hormone deficiency; not for people who just want to be taller. If you are worried that your height is not just a genetic issue, see an endocrinologist.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us