Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: I want to get taller. Should i use Human Growth Hormone? HGH

 Connor K - Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:25 pm

I am a 15 year old male and i am roughly 5'3'' and i want to get taller. I've been told that HGH ( Human Growth Hormone ) can help me out, is this true?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
This hormone is only indicated in people with growth problems and hormone deficiency; not for people who just want to be taller. If you are worried that your height is not just a genetic issue, see an endocrinologist.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us