Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: my children ate food cooked over fire w/ Starter Loggs

courtmegkate - Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:01 am

We started a fire in our fire pit, using 1 Starter Logg and fire wood. We cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows over the fire. Right after we were done, I started thinking about the Starter Loggs. I went to the garage and read the box. It said not to cook food over a fire that was started with a Starter Logg. It mentioned cancer, birth defects, etc.. So, now I'm freaking out. Should I be concerned? Is there anything that I need to do? Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Try not to worry. Most of these effects come after much use of a product; not a single event and then it is not what you would call common. I'm sure it is because of some chemicals contained which could be released and absorbed in the food but it is unlikely it would be toxic from this one time use. There is nothing to be done at this point anyway but avoid it in the future.