Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Grade I clubfeet

 zarabikhan - Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 am

My baby boy is 6 weeks old.He was born with grade one CTEV.We will be seeing the orthopedics next week.
I wanted know will my baby be going through casts for setting his feet or he will be given the special shoes for correcting his feet.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
You should have a consultation with an orthopedic specialist who will decide the best treatment for your baby which could include casts and braces to be sure the correction is permanent. Sometimes surgery is performed but it all depends on your doctor and child.

The good news is that it is correctable.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us