Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 3 boys have red bumps/rash all over after fever

askadr - Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I have 3 boys - 7, 4 & 3. Two days ago they all got a fever around 101 deg. The next day they started getting small bumps on their cheeks. Today they woke up and the bumps were on their faces and necks. By the time they went to bed it had spread to their chests, stomachs and arms. They all say they don't itch or hurt. Later this evening they started to act like they didn't feel good. They were a little nausious and achy. I don't think they have eaten anything new or been any where unusual. Should I take them to the dr tomorrow?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:19 am

User avatar Hello,It is possible they have varicella ie chicken pox.This is quite common in children of temperate countries and starts with fever and body pain.In about 3 days papular rashes first appear on the face which evolve to watery vesicles.These spread down to trunk and extremities.The crusting would occur in 3 weeks and the scabs fall off.In healthy children the condition is self limiting.
Do get the children examined and the other differential diagnosis will be other viral rashes.