Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: could it be tooth infection poisoning?

ppgclone - Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Im 17 years old and i cant give my problem a specific name but its really bothering me. heres the problem:

-I feel slightly numb and tingly all over my body but only slightly that i can barely feel it
-my mind doesnt wanna concentrate and i feel lightheaded naseous and super uncomfy
-i feel like theres is a hopeless sadness inside trying to pull me in and wanting to rise out of my chest.
-i feel an impending doom. no, definatley not suicidal i swear but like im losing touch with reality
I have had a pulp infection for a while now. we couldnt afford the root canal so ive been holding it off till i raise the money. could it maybe be that the bacteria is in my blood sytem and is affecting my brain? i do feel like its some kind of anxiety or depression but my problems are in control and it makes no sense to feel all this for nothing. its not a sadness deep. just the feeling itself is engulfing me. kind of. but theres a numbness. im scared. is this how it feels when your dying of a poisoning? idk if i have fever cant tell. please respond fast
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

User avatar Hello,I do not think that the tooth infection has got to do anything with your condition.Though focus of infection is implicated in quite a few conditions in your case is unlikely to be the cause.While you should get the root canal at the eariest,you shoud indeed consult a psychiatrist and make sure the root problem relating to your depression in removed either by psychotherapy or medications alone or in combination.It is imperative to talk to your family,and close friends and to get a consultation with a medical personel who can counsel you.