Question: I'm thirteen and have lumps in both breasts

Kaythanks101 - Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm thirteen And have multiple lumps in each breast. I've had them for at least two years and I ignored them thinking they would just go away eventually. They really hurt if I touch them btw. I don't want to tell my mum unless I absolutely need to.
I want to get rid of them but knowing what they are is more important to me right now.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:52 pm

User avatar Hello,The cause of breast masses in adolescent group are mostly benign in origin.Gynecomastia,cyst,fibroadenomas,galactocele,infection and duct ectasias.Most if not all these can be solved with ease and that is a good reason to tell your mother and doctor.Breast malignancies are extremely uncommon in your age group,so take heart!But that is no reason to be complacent.OK?