Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: I'm thirteen and have lumps in both breasts

Kaythanks101 - Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm thirteen And have multiple lumps in each breast. I've had them for at least two years and I ignored them thinking they would just go away eventually. They really hurt if I touch them btw. I don't want to tell my mum unless I absolutely need to.
I want to get rid of them but knowing what they are is more important to me right now.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:52 pm

User avatar Hello,The cause of breast masses in adolescent group are mostly benign in origin.Gynecomastia,cyst,fibroadenomas,galactocele,infection and duct ectasias.Most if not all these can be solved with ease and that is a good reason to tell your mother and doctor.Breast malignancies are extremely uncommon in your age group,so take heart!But that is no reason to be complacent.OK?
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us