Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: just wondering

lisa61174 - Mon May 30, 2005 12:44 am

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH A BEAUTIFUL 3 MONTH OLD BOY. BUT I AM WORRIED HE IS SLEEPING TO MUCH. HE SLEEPS 10 HOURS A NIGHT. HE WAKES UP I FEED HIM CHANGE HIM THE I EITHER PLAY OR READ TO HIM. ABOUT AN HOUR OR 2 HE FALLS ASLEEP. HE WAKES UP AND I START ALL OVER AGAIN. I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY BECAUSE I GET SLEEP BUT I AM WORRIED
 jamielynn - Mon May 30, 2005 12:33 pm

lisa,

I am not a medical professional but I am a mother of 2. My son slept all the time. He was sleeping all night long at 3 days old. I think if you are truly worried maybe you should call your doctor just to settle your mind. I hope everything is fine. Some babies just sleep more than others. Best of luck to ya and congratulations on being a mom.

Jamie
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:58 am

Dear Lisa,
I don't think there is reason to worry, so long as he is feeding well and not constipated ( I assume that since you haven't mentioned it), then it's just his body needs.
 Scrap - Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:01 am

Yea, my son would sleep alot/all night, during infant stages, we never worried, we just were very glad that all the horror stories of sleepless nights never came true :lol:, i would just keep being the good mother u seem to be and feed him well and enjoy ur sleep. 8)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us