Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 2 years young baby with running nose for ever!!!!!!!!!!!

bierhoff - Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Hello friends,
I wanted to ask about a condition of a baby 2 years old who has been suffering continous running nose since he was born. Believe me or not, his nose has not stopped running mocus ever... imagine a child with running nose everyday.
When the child was taken to a doctor, the doctor did not know why,and said that it might be because of allergie... but he did not have any treatment or a way that he could help the kid. :oops:

Therefore, please help mein solving this problem for the poor mother of the kid. :roll:

God bless you all. 8)
 bierhoff - Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Please guys help me.. or tell me if you cannot :roll: :!: :roll:
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:49 pm

I agree this is probably allergic rhinitis, so you should search for a cause for this allergy, such as pets, dust, synthetic clothing and linen. Even soft toys can cause that kind of allergy.
I also advise you to tell the mother to stop any decongestants as this usually results in chemical rhinitis which also runs a prolonged course.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us