Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: 5 month old with Tonsilitis

sammy09 - Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:04 am

My baby was diagnosed with tonsilitis 2 weeks ago, was given antibiotics, we completed the cause and although the temperature has gone and she is back to herself, her glands and back of the throat is still really inflamed, couldyou please tell me what could be the cause of this?
 splume - Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:49 pm

My son had tonsilitis over and over again as a baby... the last time was last year, and his tonsils stayed swollen for 7weeks... the doctor was not very worried about the swelling, as it was not blocking his throat and did not seem painful to him. although the tonsilitis had been chronic, so 1 week after his 3rd b-day he got his tonsils and adnoids removed... and I've not had a problem with it since ( he will be 4 in October). The baby years are tough and worrisome years... and if you are that concerned, contact your pediatrician! they are used to over protective parents. From my experiences though, enlarged tonsils are not an issue unless they are bothersome to the child. Good Luck