Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: knee problems

erm - Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:20 pm

hi
i am 15 and have had ongoing knee problems sonce i wa eleven. i have had many different problems and they went away last summer. now i have 2 lumps on both sides of both knee caps and they are very sore. it seems that the cold is what is trigering the problems, also if i play netball they are quite sore

what could it be and how can i get rid of it because i need to be back playing sport very soon!

thanks
elly
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:44 am

Hello Elly,
I found by looking at your past posts that your joints seem to be causing you a constant problem. Have you seen anyone about this or not?
 erm - Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:36 am

hi
yeh i have seen many different physios, and a sports massuer and neither of them have helped very much! they just tell me that it is because i am growing, i have now stopped growing, or am growing very very slowly now so it cannot be that now. i didnt think it was that in the first place. have also been told that i have:bursitis, patella maltracking and osgood slatters or sumthin like that

i don't know what is going on, everyone has a different opinion

please help me!!!

thanks
elly
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:06 am

How about a rheumatologist or orthopedic surgeon? You need a specialist to try and relate all those symtoms to one another.
 LJB - Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi elly
i used to have this problem and my orthopedic surgeon said that it was just growing pains and so on. Do you knee's lock into one place sometimes?