Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: eight yr old having vaginal bleeding

restone73 - Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:01 pm

My eight year old daughter is having vaginal bleeding--it was off and on for the past month--and is now every day for the past week. It is a small amount, a couple of times a day when she wipes. Her doctor says it is not her period because she has no breast development and is not overweight--she is only 50 pounds. Her doctor is unsure of what it might be. What else could possibly be causing this?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:27 am

I suggest a second opinion immediately and a pelvic ultrasound.
It could be from some hormanal disturbances, but could also result from something serious such as a uterine or vaginal tumour.