Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: salmonela posioning

neci - Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:53 pm

My 3 year old daughter was in the hospital for salmonela . She got out with no fever after 3 days and with diarreha still occurring. She has been on antibiotics since Aug.18th and now today she is running a fever of 101.2 auxillary. In the hospital she was dehydrated. I am worried about her. Should I call her doctor and let him know? Thank you for reading my question!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:03 am

User avatar Hi neci,
Yes, you should alert her physician.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:10 am

Typhoid fever, which is caused by salmonella, has a tendency to relapse.
But I assume your daughter had salmonella gastroenteritis, which is different.
Anyhow, I do recommend you call your doctor concerning the fever.
 neci - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:19 am

Thank you both for answering my question! It is nice to know that caring people are just around the corner! I will call her doctor because now it is 102.9 auxillary and she is throwing up again. Thank you again! Neci