Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/9/2017.

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: salmonela posioning

neci - Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:53 pm

My 3 year old daughter was in the hospital for salmonela . She got out with no fever after 3 days and with diarreha still occurring. She has been on antibiotics since Aug.18th and now today she is running a fever of 101.2 auxillary. In the hospital she was dehydrated. I am worried about her. Should I call her doctor and let him know? Thank you for reading my question!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:03 am

User avatar Hi neci,
Yes, you should alert her physician.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:10 am

Typhoid fever, which is caused by salmonella, has a tendency to relapse.
But I assume your daughter had salmonella gastroenteritis, which is different.
Anyhow, I do recommend you call your doctor concerning the fever.
 neci - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:19 am

Thank you both for answering my question! It is nice to know that caring people are just around the corner! I will call her doctor because now it is 102.9 auxillary and she is throwing up again. Thank you again! Neci

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us