Question: Cystic Fibrosis

scook - Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:56 am

Hi! Bill
So, a certain amount of salt in the sweat is normal!

One more question about sweat and cystic fibrosis. On occasion when we give my 14 month old a kiss, there is a salty taste to it. She does not have any of the other symptoms of cystic fibrosis, and there is not any family history. We are really worried. Help!
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:09 pm

User avatar Hi!

I was wondering what makes you so curious about this disease. The fact that you don't have a family history is reassuring enough. But to definitely rule out the possibility of the disease, it would be best to take your baby and your worry to a pediatrician to decide once and for all.

Hope this helps,

Warm regards,

-Bill