Medical Specialty >> Pediatrics

Question: Growing taller?

levkiy - Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:03 pm

I am 21 years old and I am 5'8. Is there anything I can do to grow taller; natural or chemical?
[/b]
 Michele P, RN - Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:07 pm

There are growth hormones that are on the market & I'm sure thousands of internet scams for the same. This is something I do NOT suggest your trying. The possible inch or so that they claim you will gain is not worth the health risks included.

You can speak to your doctor about growth hormones but in the meantime, there are some little things that you can do that though they might sound silly, actually DO help in growth or feeling taller at least.

1.Improper posture puts the spine out of alignment, strains the muscles & ligaments of the back, & leads to a loss of height. Stand tall!!!

2. Yoga & Pilates, Inversion, ankle weights, kicking & hanging - these techniques will help you with height & make you physically stronger

3. Knowing about the importance of proper nutrition, as it leads to proper hormonal balance. Find out the nutritional amounts that you should consume w/each meal so that your body will respond positively.

Best of Luck :)