Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Body Building Supplements

Victor777 - Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:01 pm

I am 18 yrs old, 63 kg and 1.74M tall, I've been doing body building for 4 months. Coaches are advising me to take aminos and I really want to be muscelly. So I bought "AMINO 5000 by Body Tech" it's a blend of whey concentrates and free amino acids. It also incluldes Branched Chain Amino Acids. Do you advise me to take only 250 tablets of it and workout more? I am not willing to use more than 250 tablets. So would it effect me ?

I am worried about taking this supplement. Are there side effects? If I take it and stop taking it... will something bad happen... do I need to take it permanently? Any advice would be much appreciated. Are there any body building supplements you would definitely advise me to stay away from?

Thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:47 pm

User avatar Dear Victor,

From what you mentioned about the contents of this supplement, i don't think that you are going to be affected by it or that you are going to need to take permanently.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 chukz - Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:10 pm

hey Im 16 almost 17 and im 5'8''- 5'9'' althou i want to be 6' also im 140lbs but want to gain from 15-20 lbs of muscle im doin light weights so i don't affect my growth and im gonna buy Pro Performance® Weight Gainer 2200 Gold from gnc how much wight can i expect to gain doin this? what should i do to gain more muscle weight? can it affect my growth and if so how?
thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us