Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Body Building Supplements

Victor777 - Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:01 pm

I am 18 yrs old, 63 kg and 1.74M tall, I've been doing body building for 4 months. Coaches are advising me to take aminos and I really want to be muscelly. So I bought "AMINO 5000 by Body Tech" it's a blend of whey concentrates and free amino acids. It also incluldes Branched Chain Amino Acids. Do you advise me to take only 250 tablets of it and workout more? I am not willing to use more than 250 tablets. So would it effect me ?

I am worried about taking this supplement. Are there side effects? If I take it and stop taking it... will something bad happen... do I need to take it permanently? Any advice would be much appreciated. Are there any body building supplements you would definitely advise me to stay away from?

Thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:47 pm

User avatar Dear Victor,

From what you mentioned about the contents of this supplement, i don't think that you are going to be affected by it or that you are going to need to take permanently.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 chukz - Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:10 pm

hey Im 16 almost 17 and im 5'8''- 5'9'' althou i want to be 6' also im 140lbs but want to gain from 15-20 lbs of muscle im doin light weights so i don't affect my growth and im gonna buy Pro Performance® Weight Gainer 2200 Gold from gnc how much wight can i expect to gain doin this? what should i do to gain more muscle weight? can it affect my growth and if so how?
thanks

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us