Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics
Question: lab results
|EMADTAWFEEK - Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:13 am||
what are the factors that affect lab results generally and specifically?
|Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:37 pm||
i think some of the factors that affect lab results inculde:
1. Make sure that you have the right results for the right patient.
2. How the sample is drawn.
3. Presence of certain substances in the tube to add the blood that you draw to.
4. Preservation of the sample till it reaches the lab.
5. Well calibration of the machines that perform the test.
6. Training of the lab technicians.
7. Interpretation of the test results withing the context of the clinical situation that you have.
If you have other questions about the results of a certain test in a certain clinical situation that you want to ask about you are more than welcome to post your question.
Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.
Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.