Question: Vioxx

EaglesNow - Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:41 pm

I was wondering if there was a website that showed what supplements might mess up the vioxx or cause more problems. I am taking Vioxx and a Ephredrine free supplement, and I just wanted to make sure that nothing in the thermogenic is counter acting with something in vioxx. Thanks Grant
 DeLWolcott - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:29 am

Vioxx has been recalled.
The vioxx recall followed a number of studies in which the potential dangers of the drug were illustrated. Although Merck had already carried out its own recent trials the company claimed that there was not sufficient evidence to justify a vioxx recall at that time. However, the results from subsequent tests appeared to prove beyond a doubt that the drug posed sufficient danger to warrant a mass vioxx recall, and with the assistance of the FDA Merck began the task of pulling the drug from the market.

This was voluntarily withdrawn by Merck, but the FDA has come under major fire for not doing something earlier. All of this is well-documented throughout the Internet. I hope you were able to find this information before any possible damage was incurred by you.