Question: The Opioid Debate

CarlyAnne1 - Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:15 pm

So yes, Opioids/Narcotic Pain pills can be addicting. But what about us people who truely need them and have to fight to get them? The government is cracking down on the dispensing of them and some of us can't get our pain treated adequately. Why are doctors so paranoid? All you hear about is "Pain pill addicted housewives" You don't hear about us that are truely suffering. In the past the doctors prescribed me Antiinflammatories. They will hand you any Anti Inf. you want even though several of them have been pulled off the market. Where do people like me turn to truely get treated for the pain we suffer from when the doctors just think you're a pill popper trying to get drugs. Thats what I want to know.
 Dr. K. Eisele - Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:35 am

User avatar You are correct for feeling frustrated, CarlyAnne1. I can understand both sides of this issue, and I see that you do also.

The answer is to seek out a pain specialist. They are accustomed to prescribing such medications and are the experts for treating pain safely and effectively.