Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Fungus cream

 JackReal - Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:18 am


In 1998, I received a prescription for fungus treatment. The name of the product on the prescription is "Magistrale" which I think means a combinaison of medications. They were not able at the drug store to tell me what were the medications used because they keep the record only for 3-5 years. The DIN number is 00999822. I also have the prescription number if this can help. Anyone can find out what medications were used for the preparation of that cream with the DIN number ?


Jack Real.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:22 am

User avatar Hello,

I have searched for any similar names, I could not find any.
I am sorry I can not help you for that.

From your previous posts, I knew that you are on antifungal treatment and it was working well. Why you are searching for that one.

Follow up with your Doctor is essential.
Keep us updated.
Best regard.
 JackReal - Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi Safaa

Thanks for the answer. The nystatin did improve things the first 2 weeks but I have no progress in the last week and now things are getting worst. Maybe it's a different type of Fungus than what I had in 1996 and in 1998 but I'm a bit surprised that back then, I was given a presciption that was mixed at the drug store and now, in 2006, I'm given something that is available over the counter.

Tomorrow, I will go at the Infectious Disease Clinic to get some bood test. Hopefully, they will be able to confirm if I have Candida and wich type it is; Albicans or other. I'm not a doctor but I have those fungus since September and I really feel I'm being under treated with too many delays and too little medication.

We'll see.

/Jack Real.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us