Question: laxative abuse

roxycms - Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:39 pm

Over time I have developed a habit of taking laxatives daily. Currently, I have been taking approximately 11 in a 24 hour period. I have been bulimic for the past two years, binging and purging daily as as well, and a couple times during a purging session I have thrown up undigested laxatives that did not disolve in my body in a 24 hour period. I would assume this is rather odd for any pill to not disolve in one's body, especially in that length of time, none less a laxative. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:55 pm

User avatar Bulimia is a very serious disorder. I hope you are being treated for this. If not, please contact a mental health professional right away. There are worse possible problems than the undissolved pill. Your body may be reacting to all the purging and laxative abuse and may not be absorbing as it should. Definitely get help for this.