Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: synthroid

jaeris - Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:52 am

I am a 77 year old female. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and hypothyroidism. My medications include vytorin 10/10, atenolol 25mg, diovan160/12.5, synthroid 100mcg, and norvast 5mg. My doctor asked me to stop taking my vytorin to see if muscle pains were associated with the statin. By accident, I stopped taking the synthoid instead. I have been off synthoid for 1 month now. Should I begin to take the synthoid again at the current dosage?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:45 pm

User avatar Hi Jaeris,

It is probably fine to restart the synthroid at your previous dose if this dose was working for you before. I would not expect there to be a need for a dose change and it should not be necessary to increase the dose slowly.

I would recommend you let your doctor know about this just in case there is something that I do not know about your history that may be a reason to not restart the synthroid. (Unlikely, but best to be safe).