Question: Indomethacin side effects

skeb_nz - Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:52 pm

Hi

I've been put on indomethacin for headaches. This is my 3rd week of having it. After about a week to week and half of being on it I started getting tingling sensations in my hands and sometimes in my feet. They on and off (about 1/2 hour at a time) almost every day. I did get some tingling before I was on the med but not as constantly.

Is this a side effect of indomethacin or could it be to do with my headaches (my neuros often ask if I get tingly hands. See them in about 2 weeks.

Also, how long should indomethacin start working? I read somewhere 2-3 days but would that be for inflammation rather than my type of headaches? It hasn't started working for me yet

Thanks heaps

Beks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:08 pm

Your symptoms are probably not due to indomethacin. As an analgesic it should start working in 30 minutes. If you are not feeling any better then I don't advise you to continue taking it. Please consult your doctor as to what alternatives are best for you.

Regards,
 skeb_nz - Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:53 pm

Hi

Thanks for that information. I got my appointment time today, and am seeing my neuro on Monday.

Thanks for this site

Beks