Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: skin imflamtions

 carol3 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:25 pm

i have dark, hard crust in dots on my skin it looks like dermatis but it feels so hard and when it gets wet i can actually rub it off, then it looks like dirt on my skin
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 am

User avatar Hi Carol3,

There are a few possibilities. It may actually be a dermatitis or an eczema with some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation of the skin underneath the area of inflammation.

It may also be something such as psoriasis or a fungal skin infection (ringworm).

I would suggest you have your doctor take a look at this. With rashes, a visual diagnosis is really the best way get answers.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us