Question: Which vitamins for healthy skin/nails/hair

carol3 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:33 pm

i have been told to take prenatal pills as vitamins even though i'm not pregnant or have ever been pregnant, but i also was told to have better skin and nails i can take biotin, then my family doctor sugguested i take womens multi vitamins to get all the vitamins needed, however i was wondering what vitamins do you fell will be great to take for hair skin nails and body
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:47 pm

User avatar Hi Carol3,

Vitamins A and E are important for strong skin, hair and nails, as is vitamin C.

Basically, I would recommend you take a complete multivitamin. Taking too much of a vitamin can actually lead to problems. This is particularly true for vitamins A and E. A multivitamin will have the recommended daily amount of these and the other important vitamins for overall health.

You can do this by taking a prenatal vitamin or a women's multivitamin. Both will have a good mix.