Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Omega 3 caplets and lexapro

BGSUJen - Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Hello I am a 24 year old female. I have been diagnosed with a mitral valve prolapse and panic disorder as well. I currently take lexapro, but have been hearing about the wonders of omega 3 caplets. Is there any kind of negative reaction that can happen between lexapro and omega 3's, or with mvp or panic disorder? Thank you so much!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:33 am

User avatar Hi BGSUJen,

There is not reported to be any interactions between lexapro and omega 3 supplements. Be sure to let your doctor know about any medicines and supplements you are taking.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us