Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: birth control pill without estrogen?

 jammastervivi - Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:52 pm

my girlfriend has a blood disorder that causes clotting if she goes on the pill, or at least the one i'm thinking of.

being a guy, i know very little about oral contraception. i also know that condoms are only so affective, and i'm led to believe they aren't effective at all...

we have yet to have vaginal intercourse, mostly because we aren't sure on the birth control method.

so could someone help me and tell me if there is a pill or stronger method of contraception for guys other than a condom?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:12 am

User avatar What is your girlfriends clotting disorder called and is she taking medication for it. If so that could be the reason behind her bleeding episode that you posted in another topic.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us