Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Can i take adderall while on accutane?

dabaugh - Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Hello doctors, i did the search as to try to not waste your time. However, i did not come by any answers on this site or on google, so i had to ask.
Can i take adderall while on accutane?
I am currently studying for finals and my identical twin brother has used it about 5 times (unperscribed) and he gave me a 15mg pill, the time release capsule. I was wondering if it was ok for me to take it as i am in the middle of my accutane, i have been on it for about 4 mos.

Thanks!!!

Dave
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:51 pm

User avatar Hi Dave,
While I can't endorse taking a prescription drug that was not prescribed for you, there are no known drug-drug interactions with these two.

Good luck with finals.
 dabaugh - Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 am

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hi Dave,
While I can't endorse taking a prescription drug that was not prescribed for you, there are no known drug-drug interactions with these two.

Good luck with finals.

Thanks Dr. Deb! I actually ended up calling the local hospital and talking to a pharmacist, and he said it was ok as well. It is the first time ive ever taken a non-prescribed drug, however so many college kids are taking it now with no real side effects that i figured it was ok. (Especially because my identical twin had none haha.) Thanks again!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us