Question: Typhoid Vaccination

Anonymous - Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:35 pm

I was taking the oral typhoid vaccination and I was supposed to take one pill every other day. I missed a day and made it up as soon as i could. I also accidentally left on of the pills out and I'm scared that since i was told to keep it in the refrigarator I killed the live vaccination. Do you think it worked? How do i know if I'm immune?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:39 pm

User avatar If you miss a dose of this medicine and you remember it on the day it should be taken, take it as directed. However, if you do not remember the missed dose until the next day, take the missed dose at that time and reschedule your every-other-day doses from then. It is important that this vaccine be taken exactly as directed so it can give you the most protection against typhoid fever.
Typhoid vaccine must be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature between 2 and 8 C (35.6 and 46.4 F) at all times. If the vaccine is left at room temperature, it will lose its effectiveness. Therefore, remember to replace unused vaccine in the refrigerator between doses.