Question: Benzonatate and Hydrocodone (safe together?)

mattissick11 - Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 am

I have been perscribed 2 cough supressants. Benzonatate for my bronchitis and Hydrocodone because I just had my wiisdom teeth pulled. Everytime I take these two together I get sick and start vomiting. Is this a normal side effect of should I stop taking one of these medications. Any and all help is very appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 pm

The combination should not be a problem but if they are causing you this nausea, one of them is probably not a good choice for you. Try taking just one of them to find out which is the culprit and discuss it with your doctor for alternative treatment.

Best wishes