Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: HELP - Drug/Alcohol Dependency - HELP!

capricorn - Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:38 am

Help - I know a doctor that needs help. I know she has an alcohol dependency, perhaps an RX dependency as well. Is there help specifically tailored for doctors? Please help - I care about her too much to see her do this to her and her family.

Sincerely,
Cap
 DeLWolcott - Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:17 am

There are programs out there. Try to research for these on the Internet for starters. Your friend needs to deal with this situation before something happens in her practice and the authorities take control. She and her patients are in danger as you well know. I hope you will find some way, either through personal communication or possibly another colleague of hers, to communicate your concerns and make her realize what risks she is putting herself and her patients into.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us