Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: body shaking and trembling

serenity22 - Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:59 am

:wink:

I am a 53 year old, Caucasian female who has been on Trifluoperazine 7-10mg for about 20 years for me nervous condition. I live in an abusive situation with my husband that I cannot leave. I am on a small income and allowance for medication. Lately, fom the abuse and stress, I have been shaking and trembling alot. I am trying to take more Trifluoprazine. Is there any other medication you can suggest that will help me better and if so can you prescribe it for me? All of my bloodwork is normal so that is not the cause. Also, I am a recovering alcoholic with 19 years of sobriety, a college graduate, former LPN and Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor.

Thank you in advance for your resposne. May God bless you and your family.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:10 am

User avatar Hi serenity,
It sounds like your situation is worsening and that is what is causing the increase in shaking and trembling. Have you given consideration to any of the associations that provide assistance with abusive relationships/domestic violence? It certainly would be to your benefit to give this some thought, (Please) rather than taking additional medication. National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-SAFE, (800) 787-3224 (TDD)
I wish you the best,