Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Vaccination ingredients?

bradens_mom21 - Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:30 pm

What is actually put in vaccinations, truthfully?

I read that mercury, formaldahyde, and numerous other poisonous substances are put in them. why?

and why do doctors want to put this in babies and children?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:09 pm

User avatar Hello -

Vaccinations contain either live or killed viruses most often, which are intended to trick the body's immune system into reacting, in advance, against the type of virus intended to be thwarted. Sometimes the vaccines are suspended in water, sometimes they contain egg products, sometimes the serum from various types of animals' blood serums (many times horse or monkey serum). I know of no vaccine which contains arsenic, although I can imagine it is possible, in trace amounts perhaps. Formaldehyde would seem highly unlikely even in trace amounts.

Where did you get this "information"? And why, indeed, would any health professional want to introduce anything harmful into a baby or child or, for that matter, an adult? Modern vaccines save untold millions of lives yearly. They don't accomplish this by introducing poisons into people.

I hope this eases your mind.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us