Question: Propecia and working out

nicks88 - Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 pm

I am not sure if I have this correct but I am going to try and explain:

I heard that working out causes an increase in testosterone. While Propecia actually is lowering DHT, a type of testosterone. If I work out about 3 times weekly wouldn't this just balance out and make the Propecia basically worthless? Since I am working out and raising testosterone while Propecia is lowering it. Should I stop working out so Propecia can do its job and lower my testosterone levels?

Thank you for your help,
Nick S.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 am

Propecia (finasteride) the concentration of DHT in the scalp and the serum men thus declines the androgenetic induced alopecia in predisposed patients.

There are no scientific reports (at least to my knowledge) discussing your issue of concern and I did not find any reports on the internet suggesting any similar observation.

I would advise you to check with your doctor if you observe any decline in the efficacy of your therapy or unexpected effect.

Please keep us updated.