Question: corlux as an antipsychotic drug

purplepilgrim - Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:52 pm

I am about to undergo a clinical study that will administer Corlux (Mifepristone) to me for seven days. I was diagnosed with a Psychotic Major Depressive Disorder. I have read that this is an abortifacient. Will this be a smart move for me to consent to this study? Will it be more difficult for me to have babies in the future if i take this drug for seven consecutive days?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:58 pm

User avatar Dear Purplepilgrim,

Corlux is used during pregnancy to terminate it but its effect does not extend for long periods.

If the medication needs to be given every day, this means that its effect lasts for one day only and needs to given every day to have an effect for the next day and so on.

i don't think that you have to worry about the abortifacient effect, if you are not pregnant.

Please, discuss this point with the medical team responsible for the study.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.