Question: nausea then vomiting

Anonymous - Thu May 01, 2003 7:21 pm

My 7 year old son goes to his mothers house every other weekend, and when he is there he experiences nausea, then vomiting. He goes on Friday and feels nausea by Saturday, then wakes up early Sunday and throws up. He feels better after taking a nap, but then feels sick again on Sunday night after coming back home, then wakes up early on Monday morning and throws up at least 2 more times.
This only started after she moved to a new house and she recently had it tested for mold and air quality and they found nothing. After starting to notice the pattern, I contacted his school and found that he had missed 6 days and everyone was a Monday after being at his mom's house.
He must be alergic to something, for he feels better by Monday afternoon and is back to his normal self, wanting to run and play.
He is scheduled to go this next weekend, but I would like more answers. When he does throw up, it is violent and painful and I do not want to cause him any long term damage.
I am lost for answers and was hoping someone else had some insight as to what might be wrong. Our family Physician does not want to test for alergies, so another dead end.
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:23 am

It could be environment factors, mental or physical. Your physician should do the initial evaluation to determine if it is an allergy or if your child could be having emotional stress while away from his normal weekday surroundings.